Our biggest achievements include a qualified team of highly qualified professionals, both doctors and nurses, who use their knowledge and experience to treat our patients' problems effectively. We pride ourselves on providing our patients with comprehensive services in various areas of surgery and orthopedics, treating various illnesses and helping them to recover and stay fit.
The involvement and experience of the doctors, nurses, professional care at the highest level, a wide range of treatments and a friendly atmosphere all make Humana Medica Omeda Ltd. provide many glad and satisfied patients.
ORTHOPEDICS AND TRAUMATOLOGY SPECIALIST
I specialise in orthopaedics and traumatology. I have been working in Humana Medica Omeda Ltd since 2010.
I deal with arthroscopic joint surgery. This discipline of surgery has been developing extremely fast since recent years. Through little invasion it enables repairing joint structures damaged by degenerative changes or after injuries. Virtually there is no such joint that cannot be reconstructed by arthroscopic procedure and there are no diseases that cannot be treated.
I am a medical assesor of football clubs including Jagiellonia Białystok and AZS Białystok
- 2005 - Study of the technique of bifascicular ACL reconstruction with the author of the method - Dr. Jürgen Eichhorn
- 2007 - practice in the USA under Brian Cole - Chicago Bulls doctor, Stephen S. Burkhart - leader of shoulder arthroscopy and reconstruction of massive, irreparable damage to the rotator cuff
- 2008 - participation in the course for instructors of shoulder arthroscopy under the supervision of Dr. Aleksandro Castagna
- 2009 – participation in the course of ankle arthroscopy in Amsterdam under the supervision of prof. C.N. van Dijk
- 2010 – participation in the course in Munich devoted to hip arthroscopy. Participation in numerous international arthroscopic courses.
SPECIALIST IN INTERNAL DISEASES
SPECIALIST IN ORTHOPEDICS AND TRAUMATOLOGY
Specialist in orthopedics and traumatology and specialist in internal diseases.
I have been bound with Humana Medica Omeda Ltd. since 2010.
SECOND DEGREE SPECIALIST IN ORTHOPEDICS AND TRAUMATOLOGY
FIRST DEGREE SPECIALIST IN GENERAL SURGERY
Orthopedics is not only craftsmanship but also experience. You can always help the patient effectively. I am an orthopedic surgeon with many years of experience.
I am a second degree specialist in orthopedics and traumatology as well as a first degree specialist in general surgery.
I have been bound with Humana Medica Omeda Ltd. since 2009.
Within the scope of my services you can find among others consultations on orthopedics and traumatology. I specialize in diagnosis, conservative and surgical treatment of musculoskeletal injuries and diseases, damaged muscles, tendons, ligaments, bones and joints.
For many years I have also performed ultrasound diagnosis in orthopedics - evaluation of joints (knee, ankle, hip, shoulder), tendons and muscles. The ultrasound practice in which I perform the examinations is equipped with modern equipment that makes diagnostics completely secure. I provide my patients with comfortable conditions and a friendly atmosphere.
I have been working in the profession since 1982 - the current jobs are:
- HUMANA MEDICA OMEDA Sp. z o.o. in Białystok University Clinical Hospital (USK) of Bialystok
- - working as a senior assistant in orthopedics and traumatology departmentMedical Academy of Bialystok
- - working as an assistantThe Polish Social Insurance Institution (ZUS) of ZambrówHealthcare Centre of Zambrów
- - working as an assistant in the surgery department
- 28.11.1996 – second degree specialty in orthopedics and traumatology
- 10.03.1987 - first degree specialty in general surgery
- 1976-1982 – Medical Academy of Bialystok – Medical Faculty
- Experience in hip, knee, foot and ankle surgery (arthroscopy, knee endoprosthetics, hip endoprosthetics).
- Experience in traumatic injuries (work in Traumatic Centre in USK in Bialystok) Continuous improvement of qualifications (numerous training and courses in orthopedics and traumatology)
- Author and co-author of scientific works published in national and international magazines.
- My features: communication skills, ease of contact, availability, discipline, willingness to learn and improve, high personal culture.
SPECIALIST IN ORTHOPEDICS AND TRAUMATOLOGY
I’m a Specialist in orthopedics and traumatology
I have been bound with Humana Medica Omeda Ltd. since 2012.
Range of services I provide:
- orthopedic consultations
- traumas and other dysfunctions of the locomotory organs diagnosis
- conservative and surgical treatment of traumas, degenerative changes and deformations of the locomotory organ, peripheral nerve compression syndromes, overload diseases and enthesopathy.
- surgical treatment in hip arthroplasty
- 2001-2015 work at orthopedic and traumatology department, orthopedic and traumatological clinic and in the Hospital Emergency Department of the Voivodship Hospital in Bialystok
- since 2012 - I've been working in Humana Medica Omeda Ltd.
- 1995-2000 - studies on Faculty of Medicine of Medical Academy in Bialystok
- 2000-2001 - post-graduate training in J.Śniadecki's Voivodship Polyclinical Hospital in Bialystok
- 2001-2002 - work at orthopedic and traumatology department of Voivodship Hospital in Bialystok - voluntary work
- 2003-2009 - specialisation training within the residency in orthopedics and traumatology at orthopedic and traumatology department of Voivodship Hospital in Bialystok (head of specialisation - Zbigniew Mazurkiewicz MD PhD) completed with a state examination and a title of specialist.
- author and co-author of orthopedic works
- continuous improvement of qualifications through participation in numerous courses and symposia on orthopedic issues.
SPECIALIST IN GENERAL SURGERY
VASCULAR SURGERY AND CLINICAL TRANSPLANTOLOGY
‘Surgery is my passion. My happiness is that by doing what I like, I can help others.’
I believe that every Pole deserves treatment at European level, so I spent many years abroad, spending almost 3 years in Great Britain, Canada, France, Denmark, Belgium and Germany. My scope of activity is primarily laparoscopic surgery, but also surgical treatment of hernias, lower leg varices (also by laser), thyroid and parathyroid glands.
I participate in the meetings of the Board of the Videosurgery Section of Society of Polish Surgeons. I have lectured on laparoscopic surgery several times. I'm a co-author of the manual: Compendium of Laparoscopic Surgery
I’m an expert in laparoscopic surgery. I have been doing this kind of treatment for a dozen or so years.
My experience includes several hundred advanced laparoscopic procedures:
- because of obesity,
- adrenal tumour
- tumour of the colon, spleen, stomach, pancreas
I am also a lecturer, author of dozens of publications, including laparoscopic cholecystectomy in patients with intraperitoneal syncretions.
I’m a member of the Medical University of Bialystok Quality Assurance.
I have been trained in Poland and abroad (France, Belgium, Germany, Lithuania, Spain), including 6 months as a surgeon in the UK and a year in Canada.
I do my best not only to cure patients but also to explain to them all the conditions associated with the disease and to present possible ways of doing so, leaving the final choice to the patient.
GENERAL SURGERY SPECIALIST
I've always wanted to be a doctor. I studied at Medical University of Bialystok at medical faculty. I am interested in a very important medical and social issue that is obesity epidemic.
I am a member of:
Polish Surgeons Society (since 1992), Videosurgery Section of Polish Surgeons Society (since 1993), Metabolic and Bariatric Section of Polish Surgeon Society (since 2005), International Federation for the Surgery of Obesity and Metabolic Disorders (IFSO) (since 2007).
I have a considerable scientific background deriving from my interest and medical experience.
My research concerns:
- Study of surgical treatment of obesity
- Study in the area of epidemiology, pathogenesis, diagnosis and surgical treatment of miligant pancreatic cancer
- Study of the efficiency of laparoscopic surgery treatment of colon and abdominal cavity disorders.
- Study in the area of epidemiology, pathogenesis, diagnosis and surgical treatment of benign and miligant colon cancer
- First degree of specialisation in general surgery obtained in 1994
- Second degree of specialisation in general surgery obtained in 1998
- MD PhD degree conferred in 2000 on the basis of doctoral dissertation titled 'Cancer of Extrasecretory part of pancreas- prevalence, diagnosis and possible surgical treatment'- supervised by Associate Professor, Zbigniew Puchalski, MD PhD
Range of services:
- surgical treatment of obesity: laparoscopic gastric banding, gastric sleeve resection, gastric by-bass, Scopinaro procedure and others (first in the region since 2005)
- laparoscopic surgery-cholecystomy, inguinal hernia(TAAP TEP) hiatal hernia, anti-reflux – surgeries GERD, laparoscopic colon resection
- gastrointestinal surgery- stomach, colon and pancreas cancer
- thyroid surgery
- lower limbs varicose veins surgery, crotherapy
- external hemorrhoids surgery
Training in the field of mini invasive and oncological surgery in Poland and abroad, including European School of laparoscopic Surgery- Saint – Pierre University Hospital, Brussels/Belgium, Obesity Academy Foundation, Salzburg-Hallein/ Austria, - Covidien European Training Center, Elancourt/France as well as Clinical Immersion – Bariatric Surgery, AS Saint-Jan, Bruges/Belgium.